Friday, October 20, 2023

2022 Atico Cabernet

Whew! This was very intense on first sip. So very puckery. A little bit gamey also. Tart. It mellows out a bit after a while, as they all do, but it's still not my favorite. A bit like fresh cranberries in that way. 


The food pairing of Steak, Potato, and Chorizo Kebabs with Red Pepper Mayo required some ambition (grilling!), but I eventually got it done. A bit like the wine, it was OK, but not my favorite -- I don't like olives, the chorizo was stressful (is it cooked through? who can say, everything's red with paprika!), even the steak was very pink (and chewy) and the whole thing was oily. But I liked the sauce and the steak and potatoes were decent -- at least it smelled good and was a fun family bonding experience (sorta). Haha. 

Overall
Cost: 5/10 [16$]
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment