Saturday, October 28, 2023

Perdue Crispy Chicken Strips

Perdon't stop me from my Perdue binge! After delighting in soy-free chicken for weeks, I got a new kind to try. These are bigger, crispy-coated strips, but the ingredients look pretty similar. One annoying thing about these is that the serving size is in ounces, so I don't know how many a serving is. I guessed it was 2, but it might be 1, or more likely something like 1.3. Stupid serving sizes. Anyway, I tried making them in the oven, and I actually took them out 2 minutes early (I mixed up the timer noise with my oven preheat noise (I reject preheating in my life)) but they seemed well-done! Anyway, maybe they could have been even better. But these were solid. My chicken experiments are getting tastier as I go. They have a nice crispy outside, a good amount of breading, and a moist, non-weird chickeny inside. I mean this as a complement: they taste like chicken tenders from a chain restaurant. KFC, even. Now I don't love chicken tenders as a food, so maybe my assessment is skewed, but I really thought these were solid. They were better without a sauce, but maybe I'm just sick of Heinz Hot 57 and I'm thinking about buying a BBQ sauce just to continue my chicken exploits. Primarily with these, maybe. Nice. Filling, too, so 2 is a good serving.

Overall
Cost: 5/10 [11$ish]
Taste: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment