Wednesday, October 25, 2023

2018 Château Puybarbe LeRoc Bordeaux

This was a pleasant red wine, but unfortunately the cork crumbled to dust, which isn't a great sign. Otherwise, it was a smooth drink, if I strained out all the cork pieces. It felt more like a cab than a merlot -- grapey, not too tart or weird. I'd have rated it higher if not for the cork situation!

The food pairing of Lamb Chops with Garlic & Rosemary Recipe (Lamb Lollipops) was also pretty solid. I actually used lamb loin chops instead because my store is lacking, as we well know, and so I upped the time to 8 min per side, but it came out pretty perfect. A tasty meat meal, quick and easy to prepare, and not burned or raw. A rare win for me and meat cookin', I gotta say. The smoke warning is real, but luckily since it's winter my alarms didn't go crazy. 

Overall
Cost: 5/10 [20$]
Taste: 6/10


No comments:

Post a Comment