Thursday, October 12, 2023

Perdue Chicken Breast Tenders

Let me give Perdue diligence to these: I made them in the oven and they did have a nice crisp on the bottom. The shape is good and the resealable bag is good too. It's so hard for me to internalize that something with this taste and texture isn't full of legumes, so I'm still kinda sketched out and therefore I think I like them less than most people do. The texture is kind of weird and unnatural, even though these are "all white meat" it's definitely processed big time. But I'm not allergic, and these are a convenient source of protein ready to be dipped. I do like them more than fries and fry type things, and they're faster to cook too (16min). I guess I'll try the microwave next to see if it's much worse. These are better than the John Soules nugs, but only very slightly. They're quite similar really.

Update: in the microwave, even at the low end of the time range, they were so chewy and spongy and dry and stale and the texture was noticeably bad. Still edible, but the oven is better no doubt.

Overall
Cost: 5/10 (8$, I think?)
Taste: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment