Monday, September 30, 2024

Twinings Pure Peppermint Tea

Moderation is not king. Either eating a single cookie destroyed me, or the stress that eating a single cookie could destroy me destroyed me. Tragically, I still want to disambiguate by eating more cookies, but I can't, because I have a job to (badly) do. So my cookie experiments will wait a few months more. In the meantime, I somehow consumed 20 bags of Bigelow mint tea, so I figured we can get our jollies by trying the Twinings mint tea. They have the same ingredients ("peppermint") and the same allergy policy (top 9 free), but this one is a cuter box, even though you can't really tell from the picture. It's a nice green. 

How is the tea? You may be shocked to hear that it tastes almost indistinguishable from the Bigelow peppermint tea. It smells a little stronger, though: first like mint (makes sense) and then a little like a bowling alley (not sure what's going on there). I say it tastes almost indistinguishable because I feel it's a little less sharp, with a little less (yes, even less!!) flavor. This is only my first cup, so I should really check back in a month, but for now I think Twinings > Bigelow. Neither brand seems to have any other teas I can consume presently, but I only did a shallow dive into the catalog, so we'll check back later to see what else we can scrounge up to get through the long autumn. 

Overall
Cost: 6/10 [4$]
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment