Saturday, January 13, 2024

Marie Callender's Small Peach Pie

Marie Callender's pies are usually decent and supposedly safe (even though they make PB pies!!) so even though I've had a rough week allergy wise, I'm going for this mini peach pie. Even though it is single serve, it is 780 cals, so perhaps it is double serve. I decided to make it in the oven to optimize the pie experience, but it does take 45 minutes. It smelled good and I think cooked up well. Unfortunately it didn't quite hit the pie spot for me. The crust is good as always, flaky and buttery. But the filling is weirdly goopy and the peaches are small pieces rather than full slices. It does taste processed. I don't dislike it or anything, but if this is actually what peach pie tastes like (and I don't think it is!) then peach pie kinda stinks.

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment