Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Mutti Double Concentrated Tomato Paste

Being a non-Italian chef, I wasn't sure what to do with this interesting toothpaste-like tube of tomato paste. The packaging is pretty rad, and it keeps for 20 days in the fridge once open, but still, most recipes I found to call for tomato paste only needed a tiny tiny bit. And I didn't want to spend 50$ on a bunch of random recipes just to use this up. So I used it as pizza sauce on a bunch of mini pizzas, because I'm not very creative! Added a little garlic and red pepper flakes and it did the job pretty well, plus was fun to squeeze out of the tube. This really is concentrated, not watery at all, and it did have a certain sweetness to it. I think it would make a cute little garnish on top of some small appetizers or something, though I can't imagine the specific case. But if you DO ever need tomato paste, this is a great choice!

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 6/10  

No comments:

Post a Comment