Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Mrs Budd's Chicken Pie - Chunky White Breast Meat

I love pot pies! Whether fresh or frozen, with dumplings or crust or noodles, they're all delicious and precious. Except for one terrible thing: most of them have PEAS. And hey, I get it, peas taste good and are green and cheap. But I'm so allergic I can't even eat around them. So I was very happy when I saw this pea-less pie in the refrigerated pre-made section of my grocery. It has chicken, broc, carrot, and onion. The onion sounded a little sketchy to me, but they're cooked and so they don't have a super strong taste. There's no bottom crust, but the top crust is pretty thick, and there isn't really a ton of filling, so it works out. When you cook this, make sure you cook from the fridge and not frozen, and if you microwave, you have to do it inside the box, which is weird to me but trust me it won't cook through otherwise! The taste of this is really good, and like I said I wish there was a bit more filling. But it covers that craving without me having to cook up a pot pie from scratch, so I'm a big fan. There's also a yellow version with peas in it, in case you are interested in that (weird, but you do you). Oh, it's not very healthy, of course. The single serve one is like 600-700 calories. Hehe.

Overall
Cost: 6/10
Taste: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment