Friday, June 15, 2018

Goya White Corn Tortillas

What a deal. The thing about Goya is, it never tastes THAT good, but it's reliable and sooo cheap. Same deal with these tortillas. 30 for like, 3$ max, and they last for 1-2 weeks in the fridge. You just have to commit to a tortilla-only diet and you'll be saving mad dough.

Anyway, I don't love corn tortillas, but they've definitely grown on me lately thanks to the cheap and varied street tacos at California Tortilla. These particular tortillas are thicker than flour ones, more dense/lardy, with more flavor and firmness. I won't fool myself into thinking they're healthy, but at 60cals each, they're probably better for you than bread(???). I used these for some (bad) tacos, but they crack in the crease really easily, which is unfortunate. But would they really work for a quesadilla? I'm not sure what the solution is, and I've also started to get a little tired of these after eating 1/3 of them, but they are versatile, a great deal, and decent. So there.

Overall
Cost: 9/10
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment