Thursday, April 5, 2018

Marie Callender's Chicken Corn Chowder Pot Pie

You thought I was done with MC frozen meals, but surprise! There was one more hiding in the back! As with the rest of these 16oz pot pies, it's randomly over 1000 calories, even though cals = 460 and servings per box = 2. So dumb. But disregarding the absurd in more than one way calorie info, this pie was nice. I think I actually liked it better than all the other MC pot pies, even though I saved it for secret last because I thought it would be the worst. It contains only chicken, very pale white corn, possibly a few potato chunks, and sauce with occasional bacon crumbles in it. And lots of crust. The chicken was nice and didn't make me itch, the corn was nice, the sauce was nice although I didn't love the bacon, and I was sad there was no celery but I think it would have made the texture weird and inconsistent, so maybe I'm not sad at all. This is obviously very filling, and although I think it could do with less crust, it tasted good, solid, creamy, and warm. Not sure why the cream sauce was better than the chicken/beef sauce, but it was!

Overall
Cost: 6/10
Taste: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment