Thursday, October 3, 2024

DeLallo Shells

You'd think I would like shells as a shape: they look nice (objectively??) and are a reasonable middling size. But they eat troublingly. Even with plenty of extra cook time, wet wet spinach accompaniment, and a pregame meditation, I find them dry, sticky, and far too noodle-forward. In their defense, a thick cheese sauce (imagine!) or tomato/cream sauce might obviate those concerns. But those sauces are not a part of my wee universe at this time, and even if they were, I still think there are more pleasing pastas, especially for the (supposed) 11 minute cook time. Plus I'm confused about what a serving size is meant to be. I've gone with two fistfuls for a hearty portion, since I live alone and can scandalously measure things in fistfuls without being a contaminator. I think a fistful is about 3/8 cup, but again, this is an annoying serving size.

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment