Thursday, December 31, 2020

Miss Jones Organic Mini Pumpkin Donut Muffin Mix

This company seems pretty nut-free overall; on their frostings they explicitly say so and on these mixes they don't, but they do may-contain other stuff so I think it's still safe. Nice. Also, even though they suggest butter and milk, you can substitute oil and water (and use egg) which works for my non-refrigerated quar life. So this was a bit of fun. It makes a lot more than those lil 6-muffin packs from Betty though! 24 mini muffins, for one lady, that's a lot! I only had regular size muffin liners, but that worked fine I think, even with the water + oil subs. They didn't have a suuuper strong pumpkin taste (or pumpkin spice taste?) but they had a good texture, were a pleasant treat, and pretty easy to make. They also cooked through just fine. I'd make these again I think. The included flavored sugar that I brushed on top didn't seem that relevant at first, but it really grew on me and adds a fun textural element too, so use it!

Overall
Cost: 5/10 (About 4.50)
Taste: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment