Monday, August 14, 2023

Green Giant Riced Veggies - Broccoli

I'm not sure what I thought would happen, but it turns out riced brocco is literally just brocco cut into little pieces. That is, there's no difference between diced brocco and riced brocco. So the infamous poem I wrote in college (rice me/ice me/dice me) is a little bit redundant. That said, this little bag was super easy to heat up, it makes a ton (like a full, full plate), and is only 60 cals! Plus, I like brocco! So this could very easily replace rice for me, even though it is literally not rice, but just little broccos. Sadly it was on sale for 1 dollar, so I am guessing it is about to not exist anymore (or at least not at my store). The main reason I get rice rice is because it's cheap, so if this costs 2$ or more, it's not really doing the job of rice, even though it's much healthier and easier to make. Sigh, woe, alas. I added peppers (cooked in oil/seasonings) to this and it was fine. Interesting product. 

Overall
Cost: 7/10 (on sale for 1$)
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment