Thursday, August 29, 2024

Orchard View Cherries

Perhaps I will rebrand as a fruit expert! Just kidding. Maybe. You know, I have this one eternally depressed acquaintance who I always call "My sad friend X" and I, self-aware fruit expert that I am, fear that I am starting to become your sad friend. But at least you think we're friends, dear reader!

So, cherries. Cherries are a great fruit. Very expensive and seasonal, but delicious, small, come with their own eating utensil (stems) and require some cognition to eat (pits). Bafflingly, although I get a local produce box, these are from Oregon. And non-sad friend, I am not from Oregon. Not even close! So I'm a little confused about why I received these, especially since they were very bad as cherries go. Not rotten or moldy or anything, and I happily ate them all, but they were small, dark, didn't taste very sweet or even tart or refreshing or anything you want a cherry to be. Just some mildly dank flesh. I guess you could say we have a lot in common, these cherries and I. 

Overall
Cost: 4/10 (~8$)
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment