Saturday, August 31, 2024

McCormick Gourmet Organic Italian Seasoning

Are seasonings food? I mean, the FDA says so, and you eat them, but they don't really feel like food. Just practicing for semantics class here. 

This was the only Italian seasoning I could find that listed all the ingredients and none of the ingredients were onion powder. Most of the included herbs are what you'd expect (rosemary, thyme, etc) but it also has "savory", which, despite my 30+ years on this earth, I had never heard of before. Or maybe more likely, I've heard of it but assumed it was a modifier and not the name of an herb. But it is the name of an herb! Genus Satureja. Has 'excellent culinary and medicinal uses'. What are those uses? Is there a supplement I can get my hands on? Questions for another time. I can't really pick out individual flavors here, it's not like skittles. But it has a nice strong herby taste and didn't kill me. Reminds me of the Subway Italian Herbs and Cheese bread (which I haven't had in like, 10+ years), so I guess it's a distinctive and pleasant flavor profile. Would sprinkle on sandwich, wrap, or bread again.

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment