Saturday, August 10, 2024

Nordic Naturals CoQ10 Gummies

God, there's a whole world of supplements out there! So many people have told me their lives are everchanged by iron pills or vitamin D shots or whatever, so I guess it's possible something like that could happen to me, although it feels unlikely. Then again, what do I know? I'd never ever heard of CoQ10 ("Coenzyme Q10") before this month, because it doesn't have a daily value and so it isn't on food packaging, and also my last biology class was in... middle school. But apparently this helps with calming down bb's sensitive brain (I am bb). And it's in meat, nuts, and fish, which means it isn't crazy to think I'd have a low level of it. So, the search for an allergy-friendly source was on. Sadly my already vetted Bluebonnet did not have a suitable form, so I had to look elsewhere, and this was the most legit company I could find. (Nature's Bounty and Nature's Own are both unwilling to declare themselves nut-free, and they seem to be the biggest in the supp game.) Even though they make a lot of fish oil stuff, I was able to contact someone there who assured me there's no nut/fish/legume in these bad boys. So, that's one hurdle down. 

But they are bad, boys. These are very soft gummies, as if someone tried to make a good candy but did a bad job with the formulation and it melted and has a weird strawberry taste and maybe sugar on the outside??? And it says to take with food?? Good thing I don't enjoy Food anymore because this would render any adjacent meal pretty unpalatable, like strawberry flavored kids toothpaste. 

That said, I'm not taking these for taste, and they didn't kill me, so that's half the battle. The other half is: will they actually do anything?! It's too soon to tell, but I don't have any new foods to review, so you're getting this word vomit instead. If I am magically healed I will be sure to check back! :)

Overall
Cost: 4/10 [Like 24$, dang]
Taste: 5/10
Efficacy: ???/10

No comments:

Post a Comment