Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Bigelow Peppermint Tea

I feel like someone who's hooking up with a bunch of different people with different qualities of an ex they never got over. This one has blonde hair. This one is a poet. This one speaks Spanish. This one is left-handed. But none of them are really what you wanted, are they?! My ex is coffee and this hot little number is not coffee. But it is 1) hot 2) a drink and 3) allergy-free. As well as, of course, being caffeine-free (unlike decaf, apparently (and I guess that's why they don't call it nocaf)). The only ingredient here is peppermint. That's nice and clean. Unfortunately it tastes like peppermint and didn't magically transform into something else via the process of hot water steepage. In terms of taste, I'd put it on a par with green tea. Not good, not exciting, but fine. It has a certain comfort just in being hot tea. And the mintiness is pretty subtle, not gross like a toothpaste or a breathmint or something non-ingesty. In that sense it serves its purpose. But does it bring me joy? Wakefulness? Satiation? Hope? A reason to live? It does not. I guess that's a lot of pressure to put on a drink. I would crumble under that kind of pressure. For now I will endeavor to accept the comfort this peppermint tea brings. Namaste.

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment