Sunday, May 17, 2020

Sour Patch Watermelon Candy

Huh. These are a nut free candy: good. But these aren't as good as regular sour patch kids. There are at least two reasons for this. One is the flavor is watermelon. OK, as advertised, they really do taste like watermelon candy. Unfortunately I like the green/yellow/orange/red/blue traditional flavors all better than watermelon. Second is the texture. These are almost like gum, taffy, something softer and squishier than the almost Swedish-fish-like biteability of the original. Maybe it's because of the shape? Maybe I had a bad/slightly old(It was) batch? Maybe it's a design feature? But it is not good. Felt like I had some slightly sour tangy watermelon bubblegum that dissolved in my mouth. OK, so not great overall. Really it just made me want some regular sour patch kids!!

Overall
Cost: 6/10
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment