Monday, May 11, 2020

Cucina Pronta Classic Marinara Sauce

This pasta sauce seems way too posh for me, but since I can't go out to get my actual favorite acme-brand sauce, I'm excited to try out a new classy looking brand. This tasted pretty normal/standard, with small cubes of tomato/onion/tasteless veg in a mildy chunky not-too-sweet-but-a-little-sweet red sauce. It says restaurant quality, and I guess it tastes kind of like a chain resto pasta sauce, which is certainly acceptable to me. 5 servings at a normal calorie count, all seems well, except the jar specifies to "use within 2 days". What!? What kind of heartburn-less family of 5 does CucinaPronta think I am? I don't want to waste half the jar, so I'm wondering how strict that expiry really is -- usually I figure 5 days is fine. And if it's not fine, what's so different about this sauce to make it go bad so fast? I have questions that cannot be answered. But other than this issue, the sauce is fine.

Overall
Cost: 4/10 (About 6$, a little excessive!!)
Taste: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment