Monday, May 25, 2020

Cheez Whiz Original Cheese Dip

I'm really going all in on the Kraft "cheese-like" products, huh!? Believe it or not, I've never had Cheez Whiz in any form before today, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but this was the only queso-esque thing I could find online so I got it. Heated up 2 spoonsful in the microwave for 30sec and had with some tortilla chips. It definitely wasn't the nacho queso I'm used to, but it was OK. At first I thought it tasted like the cheese chunk in those Handy Snacks crackers and cheese things (not a great endorsement, but nostalgic), but then I realised it just tastes a lot like movie theater nacho cheese. Makes sense. The texture is more "thick" and "processed" than an ideal queso, but the taste is OK if you accept what it is (I usually love shitty processed movie theater nacho cheese if I'm expecting it). It's no Qdoba queso, but it's way better than Chipotle queso, so do with that what you will. I don't know if I'd rebuy this given, say, a Tostito's option (we'll have to try that soon), but I plan to finish the jar with my corn chips and maybe pretzels (or tortillas? or rice? or pasta??), who knows!

Overall
Cost: 5/10 (Around 3.50)
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment