Friday, March 1, 2024

Sunkist Fruit Gems

Let me be real with you: 2 pounds is a lot of Sunkist Fruit Gems. A serving is only 3 gems (100calos). I don't like these enough for 2 lbs of them. Unfortunately, that is what I have. I foolishly ordered them from a third party amazon seller because I needed to spend a certain amount to get my Gatorades next-day-delivered, but now I'm not sure if the weird soapy chemical taste they have is just how they are or because of storage conditions at Mr Random Amazon Warehouse's place. I don't think it's worth buying a fresh box from Jelly Belly though, because this is a lot. Anyway, the texture is wonderful but the taste is sadly bad/soapy, although still edible in small doses. There's five flavors:

Lemon: My favorite I think, although there are lemon cleaner vibes. Perfect texture, which is fun. 7/10
Lime: This one is like a less good cleaning fluid. Also, weirdly brown/dark color. 6/10
Orange: Ah, orange cleaning fluid. OK, but you really can’t have too many at once of any of these, there's quickly diminishing returns! 6/10
Grapefruit: This one tastes pretty weird, but again, maybe my bag was just mixed with soap or something. A nice sour aftertaste but I don't really like the vibes. 5/10
Raspberry: Sadly also tastes like soap. Really starting to think my package was just stored next to soap??? Otherwise the taste is like sour raspberry juice, which is pretty good. 6/10

Overall, heavy on the soap vibe:
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment