Sunday, March 24, 2024

Marie Callender's Sides - Sweet Corn Casserole

I put off trying this for a very long time because the reviews are, no joke, the worst reviews I've ever seen for a food. They are almost universal 1/5. But I shouldn't be afraid of bad food, as long as I'm not allergic to it! Right?! So, I decided to make this in the oven to give it the best chance at success. It looked very wet while cooking, like creamy water. After the full cook time, it was slightly firmer but bright white still (not yellow or brown) so I thought I'd give it a few more minutes. It was still a little goopy then, but edible. Honestly, it was fine. Mushy grits with a few corn kernels and a light "mineral oil" vibe. The 900 calos and 160% sat fat is the real downside. The reviews were overblown, but it's still not worth the trouble, time, cost, or cals. 

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment