Tuesday, March 12, 2024

2022 Torero Mendoza Tempranillo

I like that this label is bright and unique, like pop art. It helps me know which wine is which! I don't like that the winery isn't in the name. But you can't have everything in this world. 

The taste was very tart at first, with a little licorice vibe. Moderately thick "mouthfeel". When it was cold it became a lot more generic, which is just fine. Solid. 


I did make the suggested pairing of Chicken, Cheese and Mushroom Enchiladas WITH Sour Cream Slaw and yo, that was a lot of work. I shouldn't have made the slaw because it did absolutely nothing for me (too much red cabbage, too little zing), but the enchiladas were tasty and very filling. Just a lot of work and not quite worth the squeeze! Fun experience, however, and the song pairing (Oh Wonder - Drive) was a nice find too.

I also celebrate this being the first wine since my insides exploded, and I'm happy to report it had no noticeable impact on my internal affairs. 

Overall
Cost: 5/10 [15$]
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment