Wednesday, March 13, 2024

De Cecco Potato Gnocchi (no. 401)

Well, I thought I didn't like gnocchi before, but eating this made me feel a whole new level of not-liking!! The prep was easy, it looks allergy safe, and so that's all well and good. But the texture is the same old weirdness (mushy glue ball) and even worse, the taste is SOUR rather than being just "meh". It's like some lemon juice or vinegar or something got into the gnocchis. A few reviewers online mention this, calling it a chemical taste, but most people liked them, so it makes me wonder if I got spoiled ones or something. The sauce I made is great, and if I had used the DeLallo gnocchis which were bland but not actively offensive, I would have really enjoyed the dish. Alas.

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment