Monday, September 10, 2018

Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce

Look, is Sriracha overrated? In my view, yes - or at least it was when I was in college, it seems like the hype may have died down. But that doesn't mean it's not good. It's a spicy chili sauce, a little bit sweet, a little bit salt/vinegar/garlicy too, but mainly you just taste chilis. I like it on sandwiches, or even with scrambled egg and pepper (new discovery!) or even mixed with mayo (shocking discovery). Not a big fan of it on pasta or rice dishes, even "asian" ones. Used to get it on my Roots bowls (veg/grain bowls) which added a nice kick of heat but also seemed to give me terrible stomach cramps. So I guess moderation is key. It doesn't seem that hot to me when I'm eating it, but after I'm done I always get a bit sniffly and mouth-burny. In a good way, though. Probably good if you have a cold! I think this is also called Rooster sauce but that's silly, it's not made of rooster.

Overall
Cost: 7/10
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment