Friday, September 21, 2018

Mrs. T's Spicy Jalapeño & Sharp Cheddar Pierogies

After a long day, there's nothing I crave more than....spicy pierogies? Hmmm. That's not right. As you may know, I prefer noodle + rice + bread all over potato, so these noodles full of potato never "hit the spot" for me like they seem to for other people. But they're cheap, and this is a fun new flavor, so let's try it out. The box gives 3 cooking options - saute (actually fry), boil, or bake. Saute was listed first, so I went with that, adding them to a pan with vegetable oil. This always smells like pancakes to me, so it was already a little weird. I've also never had someone else's pierogies outside my family, so I don't even know how they're supposed to be. I always have them boiled, so fried was wild! The outside got crunchy, but good, like a restaurant or somethin'. The inside basically tastes like jalepeno flavored mashed potatoes, and I do like the jalepeno flavor, it's good. Not sure where the sharp cheddar is, I guess it's that "pierogie" flavor I get. These are kind of fun to eat, and they're OK, but I get the impression they're supposed to be more of a treat than they are. I'd rather have ravioli or mashed potatoes, not both. But they're OK. A little spicy, but not overwhelming. 4 is a good serving size, and each box has 12, so it's a good value.

Overall
Cost: 7/10
Taste: 6/10


No comments:

Post a Comment