Wednesday, September 26, 2018

2016 Nexo Garnacha

Honestly, I don't review wine that often because apart from a few standouts, they pretty much all taste the same to me (I know, so uncultured!) - at first too bitter, then I get tipsy and I'm way into it. So it goes. But this has been a crazy stressful week, so while I haven't tried any new foods, I have tried this new wine. Thus, a review.

The label art (do you call it that for wine?) is very pretty, I like the tree and the bird a lot. I was sad to see that this came with a cork instead of a screwtop, because that's a bit of extra effort for me, but the cork did its job and the wine seemed fresh. It's a pretty classic red wine to me, although maybe a little sweeter than others, and the tasting notes said it wasn't super fruity but to me I actually got a subtle cherry flavor. I'm almost done with the bottle by now (two nights in, thank you), so I'd say it's fairly drinkable. Good for Survivor premiere day!

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment