Thursday, May 3, 2018

The White Dog Café

My friend Janey took me here after classes ended at Haverford, and it was in walking distance from the college (and her apartment). Who knew! This is a really nice place, with pictures of dogs everywhere, which no one can resist. It was pretty crowded, but not with students, and seemed to have a lot of regulars. We sat at the bar, and they had a solid happy hour, with 4-10$ food and 5$ drinks. I got red sangria, which was good even though the only fruit it had was orange and lime. 2 got me a little tipsy, even! For snacks we got deviled eggs and tater tots. The tots were actually large orbs, 5 or 6 of them, but otherwise normal fried potato. The eggs had 2 with caviar, 2 with bacon jam, and 2 with sweet potato crumble?? Kind of weird, but I asked about nuts and they put "no nuts" on the receipt, so I guess that's fine. I didn't go for the caviar eggs, but the bacon jam ones were really good, and the crumble ones were fine. The egg filling was all mustard, no mayo, but that's healthy so it's fine. Overall it was a nice atmosphere and good company and a solid price, and the bartender did a good job. I hope I have occasion to come back!

PORK TENDERLOIN: My bud Adam came to Haverford to give a talk, so we went here for dinner! It was nice, actually I didn't realise how ~fancy~ this place was. But the pork was good, it was 6-7 small medallions on a bed of brussels sprouts (tastes like cabbage), bacon, sweet potato, apples, and that's it. Not too big, not too small. The pot pie also looked good. 7/10

Overall
Cost: 6/10
Taste: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment