Friday, May 4, 2018

Country Archer Beef Jerky - Mango Habanero

Mmm, OK! So, the positives: the packaging doesn't say anything sexist about manbuns this time, which is great. It's also only ~160 calories for a filling feeling meaty snack. I also enjoyed the flavor waaay more than the other one I tried. This one was spicy but not too spicy, and a tiny bit sweet but not at all in a gross or bad way. I mostly tasted spice with a wee bit of mango and beef. That was nice.

The negative here is the texture. It's so mealy and chewy and hard all at once somehow. This is definitely the worst texture of jerky I've had. I wish it were either softer/MORE chewy, or firmer/MORE crunchy. but it's truly the worst of both worlds, texture-wise. The bag also doesn't reseal, but it's not very big so that's OK. So I didn't hate it, but i wouldn't get it again because of the texture (unless it was SUPER cheap I guess).

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment