Friday, May 18, 2018

Sour Patch Kids

Can't believe I've never reviewed Sour Patch Kids! These are a classic candy when I'm craving something sweet, plus they're super nut free, plus they come in this nice 1$ movie theatre box. (~360 cals). I'm not sure who makes them, it seems like a mixed-distribution model (like smarties) but they are often paired with Swedish Fish in deals. Anyway, these are soft, like Chuckles, and not chewy or difficult at all. The perfect texture for a chewy style candy. They come in 5 colors/flavors, which are vaguely distinct but not enough for me to have super strong preferences among them. I think the blue flavor is new, and of course I like that (it's the kid in me) as well as cherry, and then lime, orange, and lemon in descending order. The sour bite is just enough to be satisfying, but not painful (although if you get a bigger package than this one, your mouth roof might need a bit of TLC). They do make my teeth hurt a little bit afterwards, but it's worth it for the pleasant and craveable taste and texture! Plus they're shaped like kids, how fun.

4th of July Red White and Blue Sour Patch Kids: OK, I am eating these at Halloween, so it's no wonder the bag smells super weird. My boyf gave me this massive bag because he didn't like the weird smell, but they taste normal so I'm eating a lot of SPKs these days. There are the typical red and blue flavors, but also white, which is pineapple(??) and new to me. To be honest, they all kinda taste the same though. 7/10

Overall
Cost: 9/10
Taste: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment