Thursday, May 17, 2018

Grown In Idaho - Hand Cut Fries

Finally, I'm finishing off the trifecta of frozen potato products from this company! In all, these really are convenient and a big calorie bang for your buck. Unfortunately, I don't LOVE potato or fries that much; they're more of a conveyor for cheese/gravy/meat for me, which I never have at home and so I'm inevitably unimpressed. My main issue is that these are too thing and too oily/sweet, with not enough (any?) salt or pre-seasoning. Sure, I can add my own, and sure, I can mix up some mustard and ketchup and mayo and pretend I'm at a West-Coast Burger chain, but in the end we're all just staring into the void.

What?

These are fine. They are soft on the inside and slightly crispy on the outside. They are very easy to cook (although it does take like 30min, I could fall asleep by then). They are a little too funnel cakey, but overall decent, and certainly not worse than any other frozen fry I've had.

Overall
Cost: 7/10
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment