Saturday, May 19, 2018

Mrs. Renfro's Craft Beer Salsa

This salsa is one of those things where I'm not sure if I like or hate it immediately. I need to sit with the flavor for a while and think. It's pretty unique salsa, though I can't pin down why -- it doesn't really taste like beer to me, but it is a little too sweet and/or smoky for my liking. It kind of tastes like spicy tomato soup (which I don't like). The spice amount is good, it's accurately labelled as "medium spicy" (for me, that's just 'spicy'!). Yeah, I'm getting those tomato soup notes and I'm not about it. If you like new things or tomato soup, you'll like this! For me, I just want some regular salsa, please.

I did only try this with chips so far though; next I'm going to try cooking some chicken in it over rice (your poor girl's chipotle) and I wonder if that might be better. We'll see!

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment