Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Barilla Sun Dried Tomato Pesto

When I hear "pesto", I think "pine nuts", so this is a mysterious product. It's not a cheese or basil pesto, though, it's a bright red tomato concoction. I guess it's different from pasta sauce proper because it is oilier and has tomato chunks instead of puree, but really the vibe isn't THAT different. This is classier though! And such a cute little jar, way easier to use up in 2-3 meals. I just put this over heated pasta and stirred. It was pretty decent and nice to try something different, though I don't know if this will replace sauce for me. It has a little bit of a sweet/bitter taste I didn't expect -- maybe from the capers, which I am apparently not allergic to!



Overall
Cost: 4/10 (3.50$)
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment