Sunday, January 14, 2018

Barilla Ready Pasta - Gemelli

How Barilla has turned around for me from its homophobic past! Now that they've recanted I'm free to indulge in their surprisingly good and diverse products. Their website also has really clear allergy information. Anyway, these Ready Pasta pouches are the hot new thing! They only take 60 seconds in the microwave, right in the bag, and then they are supposedly ready to eat. Well, that is really convenient! And the portion size is pretty much just right (uh, for one person that is) -- about 420 calories of pasta time, or one decent bowl. Of course it isn't as good as regular pasta, although I don't usually eat Gemelli so I'm not sure how much of this is due to the thick shape. But these were definitely "less cooked" than normal pasta would be; they were chewier and tougher, which isn't great for me. In general, pasta is good and this is really easy to make, so I'm a fan (even though I will probably generally stick to the real deal myself).

Overall
Cost: 6/10 (more pricy than regular pasta)
Taste: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment