Saturday, February 17, 2024

Pillsbury Banana Bread Batter

Bread in a tube? Breadtube?! I have some negative associations. But I do like banana bread. Although it was fun to squeeze out of the tube, you still have to spread it in the pan, so the tube is more for fun than function. The smell is kinda "runts banana"-y, which isn't great, but I do like runts banana (in moderation), they just aren't what I expect for a real banana bread. All the reviews of this were like "my mom/grandma/husband's banana bread is the best in the world!" and TBH I also feel that my grandma/ex's (different people) banana breads were far superior. However, the smell of something baking is always nice, and this was no exception. 

I followed the cooking instructions (70min) and it came out a little dark. But the taste and texture were fine, and it was fully cooked which is always my biggest worry. The banana flavor is honestly pretty subtle, which isn't my preference but it's still tasty dense dark bread with a little toy banana vibe. However, halfway into eating I did also get a weird artificial plasticy flavor, but it was fleeting and maybe I convinced myself I tasted it because other reviewers mentioned it. (I gotta stop reading reviews before I eat things!). The calorie/fat/sugar info is also not great since a serving is 1/15 of a loaf which is ridiculous (I'd say it's probably double that in reality). But, this was actually better than I thought it would be. Fun snack. 

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment