Monday, February 5, 2024

Marie Callender's Sides - Cheddar Broccoli Casserole

This looks nice and simple -- brocco, cheese sauce, bacon bits. But nothing's ever simple when you have allergies (and/or when you're me, take your pick)!! I had a little bit of a psychosomatic (assuming the label is legit) reaction to this because bacon bits are so often Legume Protein, even though these are just meat. (I think it's legit because I got a pretty sizeable gross chewy meat piece in there too). It's not helped by the fact that this is very "soup"y. 

Now taste wise, I like soup! I like brocco! I like weird goopy cheese-sauce. I'm neutral on baco! So it was good and only 370calos, and it has a veg in, so those are good things. It also gave me a little bit of a stomacache though. But then again I did eat all 2.5 servings myself. Which, 2.5 servings is an annoying number. Just make it 3, guys! Anyway. I made it in the oven, which took 50+ minutes, and it was fine but I suspect the microwave would be very similar. I just wanted to give it the best chance to shine. And it was: fine.

Overall
Cost: 4/10 (7$!)
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment