Friday, February 16, 2024

DeLallo Instant Espresso Powder

I got this because of the February DeLallo calendar - affogato! Unfortunately I haven't been able to make that recipe yet, because I also bought DeLallo ladyfingers online for it, and they (and this) read as nut free, and I thought yay! But then when the ladyfingers arrived, they May Contain Nutsed. Annoying and frankly terrifying. I sent them a whiny email, so we'll see if they update the website. Plus when I was googling about that I saw they had a recall for unlabelled pecans in a (different) cookie, so then I got really anxious, etc etc. My calendar dreams might be fading fast in February!!! 

Anyhoo. This is just espresso powder, and both the bottle and the website say it's safe, so like, c'mon, me, I gotta just use it. I tried to make a latte this morning but unfortunately one espresso shot is either not much espresso at all or this is hella weak powder, because it tasted just like Milk Only. And I only put a little milk! So, that wasn't a great success. What I did get from the taste was very "instant coffee", which I guess makes sense. It has that caroby taste, like fake sugary chocolate and not like a strong coffee flavor at all. But, I didn't die! And it mixed with the water well, no grit or any texture issues. 

Overall
Cost: 5/10 [7$]
Taste: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment