Friday, February 16, 2024

Marie Callender's Small Apple Pie

So the Small Peach Pie was a disappointment, but mainly due to the filling. Therefore I thought maybe the Small Apple Pie will fare better. However, since I had a bad experience with the other one, I didn't want to wait 50+ minutes to be disappointed, so I made this one in the microwave. That's much faster (~10min) and the box doesn't even recommend one over the other, so I feel it was a valid choice. It's about 680 calos for the full pie, which is I think less than the peach was, so I thought I'd just eat the whole thing. Why not! It's the weekend!

This pie was maybe better than the peach one, but still not as good as a normal pie. The filling is too small of apple pieces, too goopy of thick goop. The crust is fine, so I don't think the microwave made a huge difference either way (maybe slightly less good), but the filling is just Too Fake. IDK what sort of small pie is ever going to have copious real full slices of apple, maybe it's impossible, but like...the mcdonald's apple pie is way better (and fewer calos!!), why can't they copy that a lil more?

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment