Sunday, November 4, 2018

2015 Elicio Red Blend

Generally, I prefer white wine (or rosé or sparkling or beer or liquor...) to red wine, because red is So Tannin-y (or acidic/bitter/heavy however you want to say it). Plus it stains your teeth. But it's generally thought to be better for your health, and also less sweet and more classy, so I still drink it. Also this is supposed to pair well with a nice cottage pie I'm gonna make shortly, so we'll see. Enough blather, friends! This is from Rhoneland in France, and it even has a twist-off cap, which I love to see. The first sip was pleasantly fruity, and yes, still bitter, but it came along with a pleasant sweetness and zero bits of cork. The bottle also looks classy, so I'm a fan.



Overall
Cost: 4/10
Taste: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment