Saturday, November 17, 2018

Vinaccio Bianco, NV

This is a white wine, so I expected a little sweetness and less tannins! I got the less tannins but it's not really very sweet at all. This is my first "grillo" variety so maybe that's just how they are. The flavor is just OK for me, kind of like a sour champagne but with no sweetness. It's not very acidic, though, which I do like. Plus the bottle is cute, even though it's really lacking in information (who made this? when? where?) and it had a cursed cork. I wisely drank it over 2 nights, so no hangovers here.

I made this with the suggested enchiladas, only I used precooked chicken instead of seitan+raisins (since I'm allergic to soy). It was really filling, and lasted me several meals, but I think I'd rather have had tacos or fajitas or quesadillas in flour tortillas with white cheese and fresh veg. Basically the enchiladas were kind of a dud for me (5/10 perhaps), but I don't think it was my fault. I know you didn't come here for my enchilada review, but listen, the wines are paired with foods and that's how it's gonna be.

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment