Sunday, November 25, 2018

Frico Lambrusco NV

OK y'all, let me be real with you. I was not supposed to drink this today. It didn't come up in my random sample rotation. Today is kettle chips (already reviewed; they're fine). But I didn't drink all week, and it was Thanksgiving, so I had a long, lonely weekend. My partner was off with his family! My family was off with the neighbors! My friends were traveling! So I wanted a little wine, sue me. Also the Dunkin guy told me the cappuccino machine was broken; not sure if he just hates me or if it's true. Anyway this is in cans so it looked fun. I like cans, they are instant portion control (in theory). But what I didn't know? Holy heck, these are also fizzy! Like red wine champagne!!!! Hold the phone, my friends. I don't know much about wine, but I love the fizzy stuff, and it's so rare to get in subscriptions. What a blessing. It's just a little fizz, nothing crazy, but it definitely has that champagne taste I love, even though it's red. It doesn't really taste much like a red. Maybe a little fruitier than normal, which is actually nice. A nice dry sweetness with a little cherry/grape (lol, what I keep calling cherry is probably grape, but whatever) flavor profile. It's great. I want to drink all the cans!

Overall
Cost: 6/10 (18$ for 3 cans)
Taste: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment