Thursday, November 15, 2018

One Potato Two Potato - Plain Jaynes Sweet Potato Chips

Talk about an unwieldy brand name! It's so long. The name "Plain Jaynes" is a little weird, too, because my friend Jane hates being called Plain. But the bag art is pretty unique and cute. I wasn't sure what to think going in. It turned out these were really good chips! There's only three ingredients, and the oil is sunflower oil, yet these reminded me strongly of coconut chips (i.e. coconut pieces). Maybe that means there was a lot of oil + the sweet and salty combo, I don't know, but it was tasty. I like the sweet/salty combo, and I liked the thickness of these, which were fairly thin and therefore easy to bite and enjoyable. Basically these were a snack food that actually tasted good, like an indulgence, and they have vitamin A in them too! Score! The other potato flavors look pretty great too (onion, BBQ, maple?!?!) so I hope I get to try them in the future. I've never seen these in a store yet.

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment