Thursday, February 15, 2018

The Spice Hunter - Coriander Lime Global Fusion Rub

This smells REALLY good, like a delicious milky curry. It contains coriander, lime (duh), garlic, cumin, a little salt and sugar, and that's basically it. I applied this liberally to some rice/veg/pork, and it was nice, but maybe I didn't put enough on because it wasn't nearly as strong as I expected. (I used like 2TBSP though!). The flavor I did get was mainly lime and a little bit of garlic and coriander, but nowhere near the intensity you get from smelling it in the jar. Even when cooking, it smelled vaguely good but not that strong. Anyway, if you need a seasoning for some generic meats or something, this is a nice choice, even if it didn't have as much of a pop as I expected. Warning: the container has a scary peanut recipe on it, but there are no nut ingredients in the spice mix!


Overall
Cost: 4/10
Taste: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment