Monday, February 19, 2018

Fat Pigs BBQ

OK, this place is extremely confusing. It's a BBQ/misc restaurant but it's inside of a bar/venue called The Brickyard which doesn't have any food of its own, so in effect these are the same two places, but with two different names? It's also called Fetty Wootz or something I truly just don't understand. Their specialty seems to be meats and BBQ, but they also have general bar foods, burgers, mac and cheeses, etc. We went here for trivia and it was really empty and the trivia was bad and the waitress seemed like she hated us for existing, so it wasn't a great time. We won a free app of chicken thighs(?) which were fine, fresh, but nothing earth-shattering. I ordered the veggie mac and cheese, which is OK, but nothing better than my homemade cheese noodle with frozen veg. I should have just got a pulled porker or something. Maybe it was just bad timing and bad ordering by me, but I was really unimpressed. That said, they apparently don't have any nuts except for in desserts, so this is pretty good news. I would go back if I could convince someone to go with me (but I'm not sure if I could, because it was not very impressive).

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment