Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Souvlaki Boys

Because I am, in fact, a huge fan of both souvlaki (thanks to the Mediterranean Grille in Newark) and boys, I was eager to try this place. We got some takeout ordered online, but they do also have a parking lot (at the non-food-truck location) so I was happy to see that. I got chicken souvlaki which came with buttery rice and a greek salad, and I enjoyed it. I think next time I might get a gyro or something else, because the kabob was just meat and it was good but not amazing, maybe a little dry/boring (I wish it had veg on there too). Oh and little bits of pita were included, which was tasty. There's also tzatziki but I didn't use too much. Anyway, thinking back, it was a nice platter! The employees are also very friendly and were happy to help with allergy issues (most everything is nut free except the obvious desserts/salads). I would happily return, even though the food didn't wow me. It was solid and I think potentially could be really good!

Pork kabob: I think I like this a little better than the chicken, taste-wise. The chicken is moister but the pork is tastier. Pretty similar though, to be honest. I should try something else, but I do like the salad/rice accompaniments a lot.

Gyro platter: This tasted good for sure, but the meat was fattier than kabob meat and makes me anxious about a stomach ache! It also made me a tiny bit itchy but I'm not sure why. The salad was great as ever, pita was fine, rice is nice and moist. 7/10

Overall
Cost: 6/10
Taste: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment