Sunday, February 4, 2018

Firehouse Subs

You can never have enough fast-casual chains with online allergy menus, in my opinion. This place has a fairly small menu, about 15 subs or so, which reminds me of Primos except that all of these subs are hot and firehouse themed. They also generally come with LTO and mustard and mayo, which is a little weird and maybe not what I'd always want, but that's life. And of course you can request variations on that. The smell of this place is not at all your bready subway smell, but more of a hot-oil Jake's Wayback burger smell, which is intriguing but also nice. They take your orders to your table if you want to eat in. Also, they have a 5.55 medium sub of the day, which is great because that's right around what I think is an appropriate sub price, and it also makes my ordering decision much easier. I tried the "Hook and Ladder" which was ham and turkey and those other things mentioned, on wheat bread. It was definitely tasty and filling, but I think next time I would get no mayo and maybe no onion. The mustard is a subtle brown mustard and not your yellow mustard, which I like. They also cut it in half, which I like. They box it in foam, which I don't like, but that's common, I suppose! Anyway, I would definitely go back, although the service is slower than a Subway or Chipotle (I guess because everything is baked).

Cherry Limeade: Don't get this, it's way too sweet and not complex. 2/10

Firehouse Steak and Cheese: I got this on wheat with no mayo/mustard and with mushrooms, and it was really nice and didn't make me feel gross at all. Shockingly one of the least greasy cheese steaks I've ever had (surprising given their general calorie info)! 7/10

Smokehouse BBQ Brisket and Cheddar: I got this on wheat with no mayo and it was OK. The BBQ sauce is good and the cheese sauce is obviously good. The brisket was tasty and fatty, but it made me feel a little like trash (even though I only ate half at a time!) Would eat, but wouldn't be my first choice. 5/10

Engineer: I got this on wheat and it was OK, but hardly had any mushrooms! And the few mushrooms that were there were a little weird, almost chipotle flavored. I probably should have gotten no mayo too. I got a medium but still felt gross! I like the pickle and the meat though. 5/10


Overall
Cost: 6/10
Taste: 7/10

Q says: My sub was pretty good after I took the mayo I accidentally ordered off. Slow though.

No comments:

Post a Comment