Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Boboli Pizza Sauce

I'm not a huge fan of the Boboli crust, so I was skeptical of this pizza sauce, but I actually ended up liking it quite well! This comes in a little plastic packet (3 per box) rather than a jar, which I initially I judged because it's like a lunchable, but then I realised (a) I like lunchables and (b) it's super convenient because then I can wait a few weeks in between pizzas (crazy, I know!). So this format is nice. The amount is pretty much perfect for a regular sized pizza, and the color cooked to a nice dark red. The taste was good! It is sweet, but not too too sweet, and I added a little garlic and red pepper flakes to mine but I think even without that it has a decent salt/spice profile. A perfectly non-objectionable sauce, and I think it's better than any jarred sauce I tried. Nice work, Boboli!

Overall
Cost: 6/10
Taste: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment