Sunday, March 14, 2021

2019 Finca La Estacada ‘Ocho Y Medio’ Tinto Velasco

I want to lower the rating of this just because I have no idea what the winery is actually called, so it was impossible to contact them about allergy stuff (which I do if I can). I like the "8" branding, but is that like, a sublabel? Who freakin' knows, man. And I don't think it's a language barrier, it's just a wine pet peeve I have.

ANYWAY, this is a fine red. Cork was a little crumbly/hard to remove, but no allergy issues upon drinking, and it tastes a fine, berry-filled red. It really stained my teeth, but maybe they all do and I just noticed this one 'cause I was Zooming and staring at my little square. Not too strong/acidic/weird, which I like to see. Paired well with Hunger since I can't eat the recommended clam pairing. A little better warm than cold, but not a huge difference.

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment