Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Project 7 Birthday Cake Gum (sugar free)

I don't want to be rude, but this gum is bad. Maybe if it weren't birthday cake flavored, it would be OK. I already don't like (1) sugar free gum, because I'm not diabetic and it makes me feel bad inside, (2) gum because it's loud and annoying and gross, (3) birthday cake flavored things (see: Oreos) because they are always worse than the original thing, and (4) companies that are all 'gluten free' 'vegan' etc with no mention of nut allergy info. I assume these are safe because there IS a soy allergy warning, but who knows, the website/online packaging I've seen is really variable.
All that aside: this tastes bad. I guess it tastes like sprinkles or old frosting, but mostly chemicals and weird. It isn't overly sweet, I'll give you that, and the package is cute and I like that it reseals. But the taste is sadly bad. I'm not sure how long lasting it would be because I can't chew it for more than a few minutes without spitting it out. I am pretty sure I will just throw out this package rather than finish it, which is not a ringing endorsement. Maybe other flavors, or non-sugar-free flavors, would be better.

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment