Sunday, June 21, 2020

2018 Green Eyes Grüner Veltliner

What's up, wine fans! This weekend marked my 100th day of feeling like crap, so I decided I might as well have wine. It was nice and didn't make me die, so that's that. Wine is back on the table y'all. This one is super cute and it had a twist top, which is great because my boyf's fridge doesn't have a door so you gotta lay them all horizontally and even though I have a wine stopper, sometimes there's a bit of leakage. You know? So the design of this was good. However, it got a little too much sun and was definitely not stored in a primo wine storage fashion. This most likely led to the flavor doing the wine equivalent of skunking -- acidifying, maybe? So it was really tart like an old cider. And a little fizzy .. .. is that bad? I don't know, but like all wines, the more I drank the less I tasted it. I would say that it was fairly fruity and refreshing, under all the tart acidity. Pretty light yellow color. Went well with BBQ in the form of...BBQ sauce on a Mod pizza. :)

Overall
Cost: 5/10
Taste: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment